The Central Administraton for Computer and Information Systems was established in 1998, and the following is its organizational structure .
As defined in RT Information System Master Project , it is expected to achieve the following :
- Carrying out comprehensive analysis for about 68 systems in RT System .
- Creating 23 databases .
- Implementing a pilot project for Geographical Information System (GIS) .
- Implementing a pilot project for Archiving and Documentation System .
- Preparing the organizational .
- Recruiting qualified personnel to operate the computer and information systems .
- Implementing the general and specialized training plan .
- Automation of computer center’s branches in the governorates .
- Establishing WAN for the computer and information systems .
- Using the Internet Technology in creating applications .
- Effecting coordination and integration with the other taxation institutions (Income Tax/ Sales Tax/ Customs) .
- Effecting coordination and interaction with the pertinent ministries and authorities (Ministry of Communications and Information/ Ministry of culture/ Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation/ Ministry of Justice/ the Cnter of Information and Decision – Taking Support/ The Central Agency for General Mobilization and Statistics) .